xubuntu-users

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:10:02 UTC 2006

There has already been occasions where xubuntu users have posted to the
devel list and been told not to post questions here because it is for
development discussion. Worst case scenario with a xubuntu-users list,
someone will say "sorry, i don't know the answer to that"

xubuntu-users still has my vote.

-Adam

On 12/15/06, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/15/06, Foxy <foxy at on-the-hill.me.uk> wrote:
> >

> > I agree with Jani. With xubuntu-users list we can have a situation when
> > people are asking questions but no one answers them. I think that as
> > soon as the number of user related questions on xubuntu-development
> > becomes substantial to justify a separate list we should go for it.
> >
> > --
> >

> I agree that it would be bad to have too many unanswered questions on a
>
> I know that there have been a couple of emails from users on here that
> have gotten a polite form of the response, "this is developer mailing list .
> . . ."   Surely this would discourage regular users from sending more
> user-related questions here.
>
> Maybe a better way to check would be to gauge interest in the IRC
> channel.  Publicizing the existence of the user mailing list (in some way
> shape or form) would also help get it off the ground.  Maybe we could put a
> news blurb on xubuntu.org and get a note about it included in the Ubuntu
> newsletter that gets created every week or so . . .
>
> Jim
>
> --
> jwcampbell at gmail.com

-=:Max:=-