(no subject)

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 06:55:53 UTC 2006

One of the reasons for releasing Xubuntu as a derivative by itself rather
than letting people install ubuntu and the grab xfce from the repository
is that it allows install on a somewhat smaller disk, does not require you
to have a network connection and generally takes less hassle to install.
If the users will only be people who would have used ubuntu + xfce from the
repos anyway (which I seriously doubt) so be it, at least we have made it
easier for them. Everyone is free to choose what too use, and my view is
that diversity is good as long as it does not lead to too much duplication
of efforts
on developers part and confusion on users' . If I were to use a
feather-like  even lighter distro I'd sure prefer it be ubuntu based as
well.

Jani