color theme poll again

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:14:18 UTC 2006

>  Jani,
>  The new dapper usplash doesn't seem to have a shadow any longer.
> Look at the new kubuntu usplash:
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperKubuntuUsplash

ah good, thanks.

The ubuntu usplash still isn't ready, but I expect it will follow the same
> trend.
>  Regarding the second part of your suggestions. That would be a bad idea
> to pick different artworks with different styles and try matching them up
> because this would result a horrible visual patchwork. Each theme carries
> its own intrinsic style and you cannot build a desktop by picking and
> choosing from incompatible elements and expecting to end up with a
> consistent look and feel. Pick one theme or the other.

I agree it needs to be consistent, it's just that for example I do not see
much difference between your second and Luzi's proposal as far as the
colours in the logo are concerned. But the two wallpapers are so distinct
that I'd probably vote based on that instead of the actual colors, I hope I
am making sense and the fact I see no difference does not mean there is none
;)

So what I hoped is we select a colour theme and then various proposals can
be made on what to actually draw using those colors :).
For ex I like luzi's logo and you 2nd wallpaper. however they not being in
the same 'theme' cannot be voted on together ;)
And others seem to be in similar situation

Jani