install path for desktop guide

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:18:45 UTC 2006

> done in revision 2839. heck, i sound like a dev when i say that :o)
>
> i changed some of the names, too. just tell me if you don't like it. the
> browser-startpage is now built here:
> build/xubuntu/browser-startpage/index.html
>
> and should end up as :
> /usr/share/xubuntu-docs/browser-startpage/index.html
> (instead of /usr/share/xubuntu-docs/about/xubuntu-index.html)

I moved the desktopguide under a separate subdir in the package because
libs and common were on the same level with guide and browserpage.
So what about usr/share/xubuntu-docs/{browser-startpage,desktopguide}?
this is not a 1:1 mapping from the build dir though. So if the latter is
easy enough without
diverging too much from the k/ubuntu build system I'd prefer it, so a svn
export goes directly to
the package.

I think we should simplify the start page as well like ubuntu to not include
info which is better in the desktop guide.
A simple intro in a half-page which is ready for translation.

What do you think are still missing from the guide? There are things not
covered  because they are not installed yet.
evince/gnumeric/xubuntu-system-tools are among them. I think that in order
to give more time to translators we could
include these in the docs and not wait on them getting promoted to main and
in xubuntu-desktop.
Luzi, say if you need help with specific bits, there are surely people who
would like to contribute :)

thanks
Jani