How do I change the booting order of services?

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue May 29 05:36:00 BST 2007

Anders Häggström wrote:
> 2007/5/28, Thilo Six <T.Six at gmx.de>:
>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel/23723
>>
>> HTH Thilo
>> --
>>

> Thaks, that URL gave me some information, but not as much as I'm searchng for.
> I further looked into /etc/event.d/rc-default and found that script
> only search /etc/inittab for the standard "id:?:initdefault:"-line and
> pick the default runlevel from there. If the file is not found it
> defaults to 2.
> So, my answer to this question is: just change the default runlevel
> the way we normally used to. =)
>
> I haven't found "the correct way" to change bootorder for the services
> in upstart yet thou.
>
> // Anders

Why not setup an event handler that runs the scripts you want for each
runlevel?  As you've described, you're not looking for automatic changes
to the runlevels - you manually change depending on what you want.  You
can generate events the same way, or just perform a "start level3" if
you've defined a level3 script.

--
Daniel