How do I change the booting order of services?

Anders Häggström hagge.ubuntu at intercorner.net
Tue May 29 11:40:32 BST 2007

2007/5/29, Daniel L. Miller <dmiller at amfes.com>:
> Why not setup an event handler that runs the scripts you want for each
> runlevel?  As you've described, you're not looking for automatic changes
> to the runlevels - you manually change depending on what you want.  You
> can generate events the same way, or just perform a "start level3" if
> you've defined a level3 script.
>
> --
> Daniel

Well, I'm still in the process of learning Upstart. But that sounds
like a good solution. I've read that Upstart support "profiles" that I
see as en equivalent to runlevels. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and
point me in the right direction to solve my problem.
http://upstart.ubuntu.com/wiki/Profiles?highlight=%28CategoryCategory%29%7C%28SpecTemplate%29%7C%28CategorySpec%29%7C%28CategoryTemplate%29%7C%28FrontPage%29%7C%28%28CategorySpec%29%29

// Anders