[uds-announce] Renting Bikes

Søren Bredlund Caspersen soeren.b.c at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:45:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Pete Woods <email at pete-woods.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Unfortunately the bike rental places are all in the city centre - I certainly can't find any at the Airport. I'm just going to walk to the hotel, myself. It's only 5.2 km.
>
> I'm looking at renting a bike from here myself. The free ones are supposed to be pretty beaten up.
> The information website for the free bikes is here, there is a map of the bike locations. They require a 20DKK deposit to use. Note that they aren't allowed to be taken far from the city centre.
>
> I'm also planning on taking a photo of myself at the police headquarters where Sara Lund works!
>
> This is my "explore Copenhagen" map, so far. I'm currently caching Copenhagen on Google Maps for Android, so I don't spend a fortune on data.
>
> On 24 October 2012 15:19, Joseph Mills <josephjamesmills at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello there,
>>
>> This is my 1st time in Copenhagen, and I am going to want to have some
>> transportation. Everything that I read about Copenhagen suggests using
>> a bike to get around, I also read that there is public bikes (20
>> deposit or something like that) . Anyone know anything about this ? If
>> you do , do you know where I go from the airport(or bella center) to
>> get one of these bikes? Thanks a bunch , Look forward to meeting some
>> new people. And learning a ton !

As a 'local' I would also like to point out that we have a fairly
efficient public transportations system in Copenhagen. Especially the
metro will transport you easily and fast to and from the city center
and Bella Center / the airport.

You can buy a 3-zone 'klippekort' at the airport metro station, and
you should be all set for the first couple of days.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ will help you find your way, if you choose
to use public transportation.

Hope to see you all soon at UDS
Cheers