Voting on Team Structure

Ganyani Khosa khosag at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 08:15:57 BST 2008

Thanks guys for your correspondances. I would also echo the suggestion that Neil tkes up both roles. We need to get going and move fast.

Ganyani

Subject: Re: Voting on Team StructureFrom: ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zwTo: ubuntu-zw at lists.ubuntu.comDate: Sat, 3 May 2008 14:05:54 +0200
Hi again,A Team Contact is a prerequisite for a LoCo Team as this must be done before the LoCo Team can be established. The Team Contact would generally serve as the interface/liaison between the local team and the larger Ubuntu community. (See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamContact ). The Team Leader however, is optional and it is up to each LoCo Team to decide if they want/need one. (See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamLeader ).Ronald, thanks again for your vote of confidence. I would be happy to do it, but I am in no way "pushing" for it. As it states in the Leadership Code of Conduct, the person who starts the LoCo Team is not necessarily the right person to lead it. I personally would be happy either way, even if we continue without official leadership. It depends entirely on what the team decides "democratically". I'm not entirely sure if it is permitted/normal for one person to assume both positions and I haven't been able to find any documentation so far to say whether this is allowed or not. Will keep digging as I think its important to know the "rules". I'm not against any run-offs provided that no contenders unleash a campaign of violence ;)Cheers,NeilOn Sat, 2008-05-03 at 12:52 +0200, ronald munjoma wrote:
Hello,I think the poll should be;Should we have team structures and positions other than the team Leader and Contact? If I am not mistaken team Leader and Contact are a prerequisitive for a LoCo team! if I am correct then, the poll might also be:Who should be the team leader and contact? IMHO I strongly feel that Neil should take up both positions (I am not rigging in his favour, its only that I dont like run offs!)