Voting on Team Structure

Neil Coetzer ncoetzer at halsteds.co.zw
Sat May 3 13:05:54 BST 2008

Hi again,

A Team Contact is a prerequisite for a LoCo Team as this must be done
before the LoCo Team can be established. The Team Contact would
generally serve as the interface/liaison between the local team and the
larger Ubuntu community. (See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamContact ).
The Team Leader however, is optional and it is up to each LoCo Team to
decide if they want/need one. (See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamLeader ).

Ronald, thanks again for your vote of confidence. I would be happy to do
it, but I am in no way "pushing" for it. As it states in the Leadership
Code of Conduct, the person who starts the LoCo Team is not necessarily
the right person to lead it. I personally would be happy either way,
even if we continue without official leadership. It depends entirely on
what the team decides "democratically". I'm not entirely sure if it is
permitted/normal for one person to assume both positions and I haven't
been able to find any documentation so far to say whether this is
allowed or not. Will keep digging as I think its important to know the
"rules". I'm not against any run-offs provided that no contenders
unleash a campaign of violence ;)

Cheers,
Neil

believed to be clean.