[ubuntu-za] Wi-Fi

Bill T bturner02.sa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 11:44:23 UTC 2018

On 09/06/2018 13:13, Søren Aalto wrote:

<SNIP>

- But I have been fairly successful with plugging in cheap WiFI dongles
- under Ubuntu and they "Just Work".  What shocked me...was that
- I expected the same under OS/X and...*nothing*.  It doesn't recognise
- the USB device at all. Pity...cause I have one of those USB WiFi devices
- with an detachable antenna that provides better range / sensitivity.

I have 3 wifi dongles - a ZIXA model number unknown, ZyZEL model G-202
both of which are quite old and a TP-Link model TL-WN725N which is quite
new. All of them worked out of the box on a number of operating systems.
My main desktop runs LinuxMint 18.3 but I have used all of them on
Windows 7,8 and 10, MX17, Debian Jessie, Ubuntu 16.04, Voyager 16.04
(Xubuntu really) and more. I don't understand why you are having
problems but a bit of Googling indicates that the model you have is not
well supported in 16.04. Look for replacing it with the one above.

See - https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2304522

Bill Turner

<SNIP>