[ubuntu-za] Portable hard drive

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Tue Oct 25 16:27:51 UTC 2016

Good day all,

The Ext2 format has not improved performance for me, the only benefit
appears to be that I will not need to install exfat-utils every time I
use the drive on a new installation.

My performance problem is probably related to old ext2 usb ports, the
SSD is running at approximately the same speed as my old Seagte portable
HDD, peaking at around 28 Mbps.