[ubuntu-za] Old(ish) Laptop

Robin Bownes robin at bownes.co.za
Thu Apr 14 11:58:48 UTC 2016

Hi Bill,

I've had a lot of success installing Ubuntu with the Cinnamon Desktop.
Just install Ubuntu as usual, then install Cinnamon, and use that as the
GUI. The Cinnamon desktop is much lighter on system resources. (I
actually now use it on my own laptop too) There is the added benefit,
when changing clients from Windows, that Cinnamon's layout is more like
Windows too.

Robin