[ubuntu-za] Old(ish) Laptop

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:48:09 UTC 2016

Thanks all.

Anyone using Xubuntu? I used it for a bit when Unity first came out. In the
first releases Unity and Gimp just did not work together and I needed to
find a way to run Gimp. I had no problems with Xubuntu and even know how to
pronounce it! Since 14.04 (or was it earlier?) there are no problems with
Gimp and so I have switched back to Unity.

Actually I like Unity very much and would prefer to stay with it if the old
clunker can handle it. Cinnamon seems like a worthwhile alternative.

I am waiting for 16.04 to give it a try. There seems no point in
downloading anything else now.

Bill