[ubuntu-za] gamecenter

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Sat Jun 21 13:39:54 UTC 2014

On 06/21/2014 04:52 AM, Bill Cairns wrote:
> When I cick on "GameCenter" I get something called "GoForFiles" which is
> obviously a Windows program as it runs under Wine. It says "Please Wait
> while Game Center Installs". After some time I then have "Jovvy" coming
> up (with dots over the vs and the y) which is also a Windows program and
> which tells me that it is  new way of playing, Click and Install. That
> is as far as I am willing to let the little beast run.
>
> I am running 14.04 - installed it about the beginning of May. I think
> this has been around since the beginning.

That is odd.  I do not have it.  Try creating a new users and see if you
still have it in the new user.  If not, it may be your browser is
infected.  Cleaning Firefox is easy.  Delete the ~/.mozilla directroy.
But cleaning the new built in browser is a bit harder since I have no
clue where it stores stuff.

			Lee