[ubuntu-za] Webcam issues

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Thu Nov 14 07:33:04 UTC 2013

Dear Ubuntu community,

My webcam/Skype issue has become a bit of a hardy annual. When I visit
the forums, the feedback that I get is that the problem is long solved
and I must go away, but it is not.

I have considered buying a new webcam, but I have the gut feel that the
problem will not go away, because the current one (It's a Genius GE111)
works fine on Cheese; it's just that it does not work on Skype.

My previous Ubuntu 12.04 installation also picked it up on Skype after a
while, but since I went back to 12.04 the second time, no luck.

Due to the fact that I only need the cam for Skype this is frustrating.

Sorry to ask again, but is there somebody who can throw some light on
this issue?

Jan