[ubuntu-za] People sticking to LTS?

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 13:21:05 UTC 2013

On 9 August 2013 15:23, Peter Nel <fourdots at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just wondering why people think that LTS releases are better than
> regular releases.

In general I don't really think LTSes are better, they do tend to have more
conservative software and version choices.
I use them for systems I'm too lazy to upgrade every 6months (eg. home PC
and servers).

For new systems (like my dad's laptop), I tend to install the latest
release and then upgrade every 6 months until we get to a LTS and then stay
on LTS because I'm lazy. Sometimes you do find software or hardware that
doesn't work on the current LTS then I would upgrade, but that is fairly
rare.

--
✝ Marius