[ubuntu-za] Microphone not showing

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Wed Sep 12 05:51:27 UTC 2012

On 12/09/11 10:32, marvel chigama wrote:
> Thanks for replying. I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 with Nvidia High
> Definition Audio MCP77. Microphone used t work in 10.04, but never in
> 11.04 and 12.04. Everything irrevocably to max in alsamixer. The
> driver is saying HDA Intel though

from :
http://askubuntu.com/questions/152006/dell-latitude-e6420-in-built-microphone-not-working

You will note from the linked certification question that the problem
has been resolved. My theory is that it is a problem that fixed once I
had installed the proprietary nvidia drivers.

--
  When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.

Frans de Waal
IT Manager/
Dormakorp