[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 1210 problems need to roll back to previous version

Adrianna Pińska adrianna.pinska at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:00:05 UTC 2012

OK, so try installing the dependency from the repositories using apt:

sudo apt-get install python-glade2

(dpkg doesn't install dependencies by default).  After that, try
installing the deb again.  You may get another dependency error for
libglade2-0, but apt might install that for you automatically if
python-glade2 depends on it.  If you do get the error, install that as
well (sudo apt-get install libglade2-0) and try to install the deb
again.

If you get an error when you try to install python-glade2, paste it for us.

On 16 November 2012 16:46, Nico Michael <nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za> wrote:
> Hi there Wayne and Adrianna,
>
> I did the following  as per both your instructions:
>

> sudo apt-get update
>
> and then
>
> sudo apt-get upgrade
>
> and then
>
> sudo dpkg -i crossover-standard-demo_10.0.0-1_i386.deb
>
> This is copied to my windows computer from the linux box:
>
> NICKS_STICK$ sudo dpkg -i crossover-standard-demo_10.0.0-1_i386.deb
>
> Selecting previously unselected package crossover-standard-demo.
> (Reading database ... 156470 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking crossover-standard-demo (from
> crossover-standard-demo_10.0.0-1_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of crossover-standard-demo:
>  crossover-standard-demo depends on python-glade2; however:
>   Package python-glade2 is not installed.
>
> dpkg: error processing crossover-standard-demo (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  crossover-standard-demo
>

> This is exactly the same error i got last night
>

> Kind Regards
>
> Nico Michael
> http://www.arduino.org.za
>
> On 2012-11-15 20:47, Adrianna Pińska wrote:
>>
>> Please stop rebooting; it has no effect on your package manager.
>>
>> The "untrusted packages" error could be caused by some kind of
>> inconsistent state in your packages.  Try this in a terminal:
>>
>> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
>>
>> This may take a while.
>>
>> If it asks you if you want to install certain packages without
>> verification, say yes. If it completes without errors, skip to B.
>>
>> A) If you get an error, paste it for us.  If that happens, it will be
>> helpful if we can check exactly what is installed on your system, so
>> please also paste us the output of uname -a, and the contents of these
>> files:
>>
>> /etc/apt/sources.list
>> any files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ that end in ".list"
>> /etc/lsb-release
>>
>> B) If it completes without an error, try installing the deb from a
>> terminal using dpkg, like Wayne suggested. If you get an error, copy
>> and paste *the exact error*.
>>
>> It's possible that the .deb is too old for your version of Ubuntu (in
>> which case you should follow the suggestions at the end of my previous
>> email), but you may just need to clean up your packages.
>>
>> On 15 November 2012 17:23, Nico Michael <nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za> wrote:
>>>
>>> Only install this file if you trust its origin
>>> I press install
>>> its starts installing
>>>
>>> i get a warning sign a red triangle with an exclamation sign  no mesage
>>> and
>>> the progress bar does not move
>>>
>>> It says requires installing of untrusted packages libgrade2-0
>>> python-glade2
>>>
>>> every time I press install it gives me this prompt
>>> Only install this file if you trust its origin
>>>
>>> i got this error again
> [...]

Adrianna Pińska