[ubuntu-za] Virtualbox hiccups

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Sun Nov 11 10:12:18 UTC 2012

Can someone please help? My last updates included some on Oracle
Virtualbox. Since these updates were downloaded, my cursor disappears
altogether when I click on the Vbox.

The system tells me that "VirtualBox is not currently allowed to access
USB devices. You can change this by adding your user to the 'vboxusers'
group. Please see the user manual for a more detailed explanation." The
user manual has not revealed anything that helps and the Oracle website
and "help" facility is one of the most frustrating and infuriating
websites that I have ever come across. I have tried there twice in the
last few years but every time I run into so many frustrating dead ends
that I just give up.

I am running vbox version 4.2.4r81684 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x00004005)

Component:

Host

Interface:

IHost {30678943-32df-4830-b413-931b25ac86a0}

Callee:

IMachine {22781af3-1c96-4126-9edf-67a020e0e858}

Best wishes,

Jan