[ubuntu-za] Unity 2D and graphics drivers

Wikus mazal.wikus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:43:04 UTC 2012

Afternoon all ,

I have received my new pc today. Decided to install 12.04 as 12.10 is
just too slow and buggy.
My new pc has an ATI card. I have noticed after install that only Unity
2D was available.
I installed ATI drivers and all are fine now and on Unity 3D.

But , I have a question regarding future versions of Ubuntu. I have read
(and think 12.10 is already like it)
that unity 2D are gonna be removed completely.
So how then would one install such an Ubuntu on a pc like mine if unity
2D isn't vailable ?
How are you gonna install and actually start it up to get the graphics
drivers installed ?
If unity 2D is not included , and your card don't support unity 3D with
Ubuntu's default drivers , then how do
you get it installed and drivers downloaded ?

- Wikus

--
      _
     | |