[ubuntu-za] Wireless issues
amanic at gmail.com
Thu May 17 11:26:17 UTC 2012
My wireless also drove me insane the last couple of weeks.
Mine dropped the connection after working fine for several minutes, then
the only way to get it to connect again was to logout/reboot :(
One of two things more or less fixed it for me:
1. tried to improve my signal so it doesn't drop so often.
- moved the chordless phone 50cm further from the router, because
that will interfere.
- tried to adjust the antenna angles to get the best coverage, the
signal propagates horizontally if you look at the antena
straight down from
its top to its base (((o))) i.e. if you live in a single-story
sure the antenna points straight up or down.
- If your signal drops for non-obvious resons you can consider
better antennas too..
2. I added the following to /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
# try to fix my wireless from dropping and not reconnecting properly
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-za