[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 12.04 Paingolin

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Wed May 9 07:22:42 UTC 2012

On 12/05/08 21:53, Wayne Abroue wrote:
> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Jan Greeff<jan at verslank.net>  wrote:
>> After conditioning myself to work throught the Unity issue, I was actually
>> looking forward to upgrading to 12.04.
Unity also wasn't my favorite in the beginning...but now after giving it
a chance it's just like any other interface, a way to access the system
and programs easier than to remember text commands.

I upgraded my netbook yesterday and...wow...does it move, everything
went smooth, and feels a bit more snappy,  i used the 2D interface on
11.10, but that somehow feels unnecessary now.

I do not use much advanced features so the transition was easy enough.

Over all I think it's much better 11.10.
Unfortunately pains usualy are going hand in hand with most upgrades (XP
to VISTA, XP to UBUNTU, etc, etc :) ) But then how are we to learn new
things if we keep using ubuntu 04.* or *shudder* dos 4.0.