[ubuntu-za] add repo

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Mon Feb 20 13:51:17 UTC 2012

On 12/02/20 12:45, Miles wrote:
> Thanks Frans. strong command that. I wonder why there are broken
> packages. If one installs the packages with gdebi there isnt one broken
The broken packages would be there if the folder was not cleaned first,
meaning all older versions of the files removed...it does happen that
older packages are then installed and newer dependencies and the other
way round, could become quite hectic to sort that mess afterwards... :)
what also happens is that some dependencies might get left behind when
making the copy of the folder. I don't think dpkg are set up to check
for and download dependencies by default.
> one. only prob is you have to try install one then it says dependancies
> arent met so you find the dependancies first, install them, then go back
> to what you wanted to install. Painfully slow episode. I tried with
> aptoncd and it works great.
That it does, also a very nice app

--
  When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.

Frans de Waal
IT Manager/
Dormakorp