[ubuntu-za] Launcher icons

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:51:18 UTC 2012

On 11 April 2012 21:16, Jan Greeff <jan at verslank.net> wrote:

> Someone please help! The workspace switcher and trash icons in my launcher
> keep on dragging themselves into almost oblivion below the screen, so I
> have to go looking for them every time I need them by opening the launcher
> and then dragging the cursor to the bottom of the launcher panel, then only
> will they pop up even if there is plenty space in the visible section of
> the launcher.
>
> This is a nuisance but no amount of drag and drop or jiggling seems to
> make any difference except to make them hide even deeper down.

That's weird, this has never happened to me.
Are you using unity 2d or 3d? (echo $DESKTOP_SESSION
It is "ubuntu-2d" for Unity 2D and "ubuntu" for Unity.
http://askubuntu.com/a/80320/7166 )

Things you can try:
* Make sure your system is up to date, changes are coming in fast
and furious for 12.04 to get it precise (100-500mb per day!).
* Try to make the icons bigger/smaller to see if it makes your experience
better.
* Send us a screenshot of what you are seeing.
* Try to report a bug (include the screenshot).

--
✝ Marius