[ubuntu-za] Trying to install Mozilla Firefox - can't extract

SHAWN REITSTEIN shawnreit at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:36:12 UTC 2011

Hi, I've downloaded Firefox 4 but I can't install it? (
firefox-4.0.1(2).tar.bz2 ) bzip2: [ Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
	perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
	Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now ]
Also can't do Youtubes? I get about 30 seconds and it freezes? I'm
using Jaunty. Firefox 3.6.15 - I want 4 if possible - I imagine it'll
solve the problems? I don't mind using an entirely different browser.

Thanks
Shawn