[ubuntu-za] System won't shut down

Jonathan Hitchcock jonathan.hitchcock at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:50:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

2011/2/3 Daniël Louw <daniel at dline.co.za>

> I am not sure what the "administrator" type means, but hopefully it's not
> a synonym for root? Maybe someone can clarify that?
> It would be quite scary to be logged in as root the whole time...

It means that the user bill gets put into the "admin" group, which gives
them extra permissions.  He's not logged in as the root user, but he does
have elevated permissions (such as being able to shut down).

> Speaking of 'sudo go to bed', hopefully this will brighten up your day:
> http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/sandwich.png

Rather link to the actual comic page, instead of just the image:
http://xkcd.com/149/
That way, you get to browse the rest of the site, and you get the alt-text
(hover your mouse over the picture for an extra joke) :)

Cheers,
-Jonathan