[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu questions

Jason McBeath jason at mcbeath.co.za
Mon Apr 18 06:04:41 UTC 2011

If you have your Ubuntu setup the way you like it, you can also just
install KDE and then choose between Gnome and KDE at startup. You will
pull in a lot of Qt dependancies, and you system will have both gtk and
qt stuff, but if you have a decent machine, you wont notice any
performance issues.

I'm currently running Ultimate Edition on this machine, and it's pretty
much a cherry pick flavour of Gnome and KDE bits. I find it very good.

On standard Ubuntu, I find myself installing qt stuff anyway, cause
things like Brasero are garbage, and k3b works well for me.

I have been running both Gnome and KDE versions of various *nix flavours
for several years now, so I like some bits of both.

Except for Fedora 15a, I am slowly falling in love with Gnome3...