[ubuntu-za] Kubuntu questions

Daniël Louw daniel at dline.co.za
Mon Apr 18 07:22:03 UTC 2011

Yup, Under the hood very much the same.

I used KDE for a while, and I mostly used Ubuntu tutorials online, as they
are more available.

One handy thing to know is that in general, KDE libraries/packages start
with a k (kate), and Gnome's start with a G (gedit). This is not always
true, but a good indicator. When you're in Gnome, and you want to install a
KDE package, you can expect to install quite a few kDependencies, and the
same is true for vice versa. Software wise I am yet to find something that
is not cross-compatible with the two.

*Daniël Louw*
daniel at dline.co.za
www.dline.co.za