[ubuntu-za] OLE object in OOO Spreadsheet

Hannes Coetzee scorpking at scorpking.za.org
Fri Mar 12 12:30:05 GMT 2010

On 12/03/2010 13:55, Tanja Valkin wrote:
> Hi all
> I've been following this list (vaguely) for some time now because I'm
> very interested in linux. I'm detecting an interesting social trend.
> Here's my question............Guys, it's Friday so please dont take
> this too seriously......................
> Why is it that you Ubuntu dudes want to put Ubuntu onto your
> sister-in-laws/girlfriends/mothers/wives computers?  Are you trying to
> impress the lady because Ubuntu is so pretty & you're so clever? And
> then you have to email the list because you broke it & she's cross
> with you? Why not your male family members computers? I dont think
> that I've ever seen a posting about one of you guys putting linux onto
> a "male" computer. Are you guys too scared that you'll get klapped if
> you break it?
> Cheers
> Tanja

Ubuntu needs less fixing. Putting Windows on family's / friend's
computer that I'll have to support is well.. not the best idea I can
come up with. Just something interesting - Our main Desktop PC at the
office was installed with kubuntu in October 2008 and it's still running
100% despite all the use and the huge amount of flash drives being put
into it.

Hannes