[ubuntu-za] Superuser

Greg Raubenheimer gregraubie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 10:39:18 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Darrel <darrel at celebrationsfs.co.za> wrote:
> Thanks Hannes,William and Raoul I will be trying all your suggestions
>
> Raoul I started with php and liked the idea of integrating script into
> an html doc. and it just seemed to work for me.
>
> I would like to try Python but first want to spend time learning more
> about Linux.
>
> Talking of which what am I doing wrong here?
>
> root at point:~# sudo cp /home/darrel/Websites/sapis /var/www/
> cp: omitting directory `/home/darrel/Websites/sapis'
>

> sapis is a folder containg files for a website
>
> Darrel

Hi Darrel

Sorry to jump in here, but something else you can try is to create a
directory in your home directory called "public_html", so
"/home/darrel/public_html" and then enable the apache userdir module
with the command:
sudo a2enmod userdir.

Then you can create your site(s) in there and view them by going to
http://localhost/~darrel/

You then do not need to worry about the permissions and copy files.

Greg