[ubuntu-za] Superuser

Darrel darrel at celebrationsfs.co.za
Thu Mar 4 10:28:20 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 12:06 +0200, William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
> Hi Darrel,
>
> After doing what Hannes has suggested :
> open terminal
> sudo tasksel
> select LAMP - use arrow keys to get there, then space bar to select
>  press OK  - use <TAB> to get there
>
> once this is installed, then install phpmyadmin via synaptic or in the terminal  : sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
>
> phpmyadmin is in the repositories
>
> William

Thanks Hannes,William and Raoul I will be trying all your suggestions

Raoul I started with php and liked the idea of integrating script into
an html doc. and it just seemed to work for me.

I would like to try Python but first want to spend time learning more
about Linux.

Talking of which what am I doing wrong here?

root at point:~# sudo cp /home/darrel/Websites/sapis /var/www/
cp: omitting directory `/home/darrel/Websites/sapis'

sapis is a folder containg files for a website

Darrel