[ubuntu-za] Installation problems

Dave Lizamore dave.lizamore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:05:10 BST 2010

Hi guys,

I have just replaced my pc with an Intel Core i3 540 3.07 GHz CPU  and
an Intel DH55TC MB, a 500GB Seagate baracuda HD, 2x2 GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
with on board sound and video enabled. I used to run both Ubuntu 8 and
Mint 9 on my previous system (intel dual core 2.6GHz CPU on a Foxcon MB
with a NVDIA video card, but cannot install either on my new pc. Ubuntu
loads the kernel and then bombs out to the busybox command line, while
Mint would not even boot from the CD and default back to windows. I have
updated the bios as well as the video driver from Intel's website, but
it does not make a difference.

I would appreciate any suggestion as I had no luck with either ubuntu's
or Mint's web forums.

Thanks

Dave