[ubuntu-za] Is it worth it?

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Wed Jan 20 07:52:28 GMT 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:40:24 +0200, William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
> Basically, to upgrade, what is needed, is to link my HD to your PC,
change
> sources.list to link to my 9.04 repo, type 1 or 2 commands and then wait
> until upgraded to 9.04, and then repeat for 9.10,  change sources.list to
> link to my 9.10 repo, type 1 or 2 commands and then wait until upgraded
> 9.10. Like I said above, Some people find that upgrading does not always
> work, so you might have to install from scratch if the upgrade does not
> work

There is usually no need to reinstall from scratch. I have successfully
recovered and continued an upgrade where the computer was rebooted halfway
through the upgrade process.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
b: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/