[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 10.04

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Tue Apr 20 12:16:35 BST 2010

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Bill Cairns wrote:

> My question is - is it worth waiting for a month or two (or how long?)
> to get a more solid product, or should I submit to my baser instincts
> and do it as soon as possible because I want to play with the new
> Ubuntu? The answer really depends on the quantity of the downloads
> required - if the ISO image is going to be 700 megs and the bug
> corrections during the next however long are going to be 200 megs,
> then waiting would seem the best option. If only 20 megs, then let's
> do it now. (IOK  - I know nobody knows how long a piece of string is,
> but previous releases must have given us an idea).

You might easily get 200M updates in the first month.

But can you resist ?

Even though you are going LTS -> LTS, I would suggest backing up
/home and /etc and any other things you might miss, and doing
a fresh install of 10.04.

Cheers,  Andy!

More information about the ubuntu-za mailing list