[ubuntu-za] WINDOWS BOOT PROBLEM

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Wed Apr 14 08:02:20 BST 2010

On 10/04/14 08:39 AM, bullet wrote:
> Will the repair installation option correct the "corrupt version"
> problem or am I looking at a complete re-install of XP?

The repair installation option reinstall all windows files that have
changed including the mbr...I think...

Also depending on the file types you are using and the programs
switching to ubuntu may or may not be easy.

I have made the switch to ubuntu only last year and found that i can do
most that i really care to take time to learn how to do it.

You can of course also use your ubuntu system to make backup copies of
the files you need (to DVD,usb disk, etc.)and then reinstall windows,
then at least you do not lose any data.