[ubuntu-za] Gauteng Release Party

David Rubin drubin at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 7 15:10:56 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Quintin van Rooyen
<quintin.vanrooyen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good day, Ubuntu-ZA
>> Lets get the ball rolling for the Lucid Lynx release party in Gauteng,
>> I'll keep this mail short.
>> WHERE:
>> Should Pretoria and JHB combine again? Any suggestions for the venue?
>> WHEN:
>> How does 1 May sound for everybody, then its the same day as the guys down
>> in the Cape?
>> ACTIVITIES:
>> What else could we do to invite and make more newbies feel welcome?
>> I suggest inviting some new people, especially the new people on IRC and
>> mailing list.
>> SHARING:
>> I'll download the ISO's once they are released, if someone else could also
>> do this as well.
>> Walter said he would organize repositories again, 32 and 64bit (thanks
>> Walter)
>> Please bring empty DVDs/CD's to "share the love".
>> Please feel free to give any ideas please.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Corrie Strydom
>>
> Hey Corrie.
>
> I'm in. I'll provide some ISO's as well, just let me know what you need, I
> am on a 384uncapped, so while size is not a problem, a few days might be
> needed to get what you want.

Download the ISO's a few days before and then sync [1]  them the night
they are released else take a look at JIGDO [2]. I used to sync the
whole mirror the week before the release and then use JIGDO to build
up the alternate CD's.

David

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RsyncCdImage
[2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JigdoDownloadHowto