[ubuntu-za] New PC

Ludolph ludolph at openhazel.co.za
Wed Sep 16 10:12:16 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Quintin van Rooyen
<quintin.vanrooyen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am with Ludolph on the Intel board, but (and I know I am hanging myself
> out to the crows) I have had no problems with Nvidia graphics cards, and if
> you are not adverse to running closed source drivers you could look at
> Nvidia.

I don't have a problem with a Nvidia Card.

I actually have two machines at home one with a ATI x1600 512MB and
another with a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M 256MB screencard, both running
Ubuntu 9.04.

And before Ubuntu 9.04 got released I would recommend people to rather
go for the a nvidia card because the closed source drivers was just
more stable then the ATI drivers. But since ATI open sourced their
drivers everything "just works"(tm) more smoothly with my ATI card,
where I find myself tweaking stuff with my Nvidia card.

Regards,