[ubuntu-za] Karmic Release Parties

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 8 20:53:15 BST 2009

Hey!

As many of you are aware, Ubuntu 9.10 is planned for release on 29 October.

We've had some discussion on the release parties on tonight's IRC
meeting, we'd like to have as many people involved in this as possible,
so we're taking the discussion mostly to the list since many people
can't do IRC due to connectivity or work constraints. We will however
have a follow-up meeting on IRC next week. If you're planning to attend,
a poll has been set up to establish the best meeting times for all on
doodle.com: http://doodle.com/ytsq7mipmt5m3kh7

Please vote for the times that will be most suitable for you.

We're proposing 7 November as the date for our release parties. I
checked for any holidays or anything weird and it doesn't seem like a
date that will clash with the majority of people.

With the Jaunty release in Centurion we had an external hard disk with
the jaunty repositories on it that we shared, it worked quite well and I
think we should try to do it at all the release parties.

Also, if there are any creative ideas out there for release parties (not
as in the ideas on the Windows 7 release party videos please) please
post them. We could do the usual get-together-for-beer-pizza-burgers
thing but it would be nice if we can do something a bit different and
unique. So if you have any thoughts, please through it out there :)

-Jonathan