[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 9.04

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Mon Oct 5 19:32:04 BST 2009

Arnold Pietersen wrote:

> Right-click on the Switch users or shut down icon
> Click on Preferences
> Untick the Show confirm dialogs for logout, restart and shutdown checkbox

Nice fix to a minor annoyance!  Thanks...

And as long as it worked so well, how about another minor annoyance...
Anyone know a way to get Update Manage to just be notification ico and
not pop up a full window like it used to?  I hate that window as it
ignores "download SILENTLY in the background" and pops up wheever
something is available.

Why do they need to "fix" things that aren't broken?

			Lee