[ubuntu-za] Home network implementations (Phase 1)

Wikus Cornelius wikusc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:07:49 BST 2009

>> Questions for the first phase:
>> 1. For a start I want to use the server only for routing with no
>> control. I have an idea how to do the routing (previous question on
>> Ubuntu-za), but it seems to be gone after a reboot. Which file do I have
>> to edit to add the routing configuration automatically when the server boot

Just to clarify my first question. I will use a separate computer with
two network cards as a server. One network card plugged in on the ADLS
router and the other plugged in on the switch. All the clients will be
connected to the switch. I will then try to share the internet with the
iptables command, but I want to install a firewall/proxy at a later
stage. I have experimented with iptables before, but it seem like it
loses the configuration when you reboot. So my question is: How do I
configure Linux to execute command line commands when it boots without
the need for someone to log in?