[ubuntu-za] TV capture card

Robert Holm robhholm at lantic.net
Fri Jul 17 09:45:10 BST 2009

Hi

Some time ago I received a lot of suggestions from various people when I
was trying to get the tuner working on my tuner card with the saa7133
Phillips chip. Ive been messing around with it now and again, but still
with no success.

On one of the LUGs I recently came across the following:

"You still need to configure I2C support in the kernel, as well as
making a module for saa7134"

and

"the following are found in the kernel sources
in /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-13/drivers/media/video/saa7134"

In that folder I find a file called Kconfig which shows, amongst other
things:

config VIDEO_SAA7134
	tristate "Philips SAA7134 support"
	depends on VIDEO_DEV && PCI && I2C && INPUT
	select VIDEOBUF_DMA_SG
	select VIDEO_IR
	select VIDEO_TUNER
	select VIDEO_TVEEPROM
	select CRC32
	---help---
	  This is a video4linux driver for Philips SAA713x based
	  TV cards.

	  To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
	  module will be called saa7134.

The instruction to compile the driver is greek to me. What does "choose
M here" mean?

Would be grateful for any help

Robert