[ubuntu-za] Post intrepid 'no sound' problem - ALSA, PulseAudio, & drivers

Péter Nel petern2 at openweb.co.za
Wed Jan 14 12:06:18 GMT 2009

I just noticed in gnome-sound-properties that tere are multiple
additional available selections for ALSA, and also OSS, e.g.
I had the plain "ALSA Advanced Linux Sound Architecture" selected --
"NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 - IEC958 (ALSA)"
"NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (ALSA)"
"NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (OSS)"
"NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (OSS)"
"NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (OSS)"

Still, none of them work.