[ubuntu-za] Post intrepid 'no sound' problem - ALSA, PulseAudio, & drivers

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:15:08 GMT 2009

Péter Nel wrote:
> I just noticed in gnome-sound-properties that tere are multiple
> additional available selections for ALSA, and also OSS, e.g.
> I had the plain "ALSA Advanced Linux Sound Architecture" selected --
> "NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 - IEC958 (ALSA)"
> "NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (ALSA)"
> "NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (OSS)"
> "NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (OSS)"
> "NVidea nForce2 with ALC650F NVidea nForce2 (OSS)"
>
> Still, none of them work.

Hi

I created a "guest/default" account which uses the installed default
gnome settings for Ubuntu. I use this in these cases to check that one
of my personal settings is not causing a problem during upgrades when I
use the same home folder or personal account.

Try to create a "clean" account, then login and check.

Cheers

hg.