[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Linux virus?

Quintin Beukes quintin at last.za.net
Tue Aug 18 20:07:36 BST 2009

Might be a bit of an old post, but I was just curious if you fixed your
problem? I assume so from your last post.

I agree that it's probably a broken mouse. When I lift up my optical mouse
slightly it starts jumping around like that, and I have found crazy clicking
and such when 2 mouse inputs conflict (like a stylus/pen mouse, together
with a touch screen and a USB mouse). They don't like each other, especially
not 2 separate drivers for getting a pen + touch screen.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:30 AM, frans <dormakorp at vodamail.co.za> wrote:

> In our office we see that a lot, especialy when the mouse cable was
> streched to far, the result is
> a short circut, which do stuff like that,  replacing the mouse solves
> the problem, also rather consider
> genius or logitech, we have less problems with those.
>

> David Robert Lewis wrote:
> > Not sure what to make of this weird behaviour.
> >
> > Mouse is acting very strangely, spazzes out, jumps around starts to
> > click on things. I even get logged out of my session.
> >
> > Started doing this a couple of days ago, and then just froze up.
> >
> > I fixed the freeze by unloading psmouse (sudo modprobe -r psmouse)
> >
> > and then reloading it.
> >
> > Then I figured it might be the versioning, and I reloaded by stripping
> > out the version info
> >
> > sudo modprobe -f psmouse
> >
> > This worked, unfroze but now mouse is back to its old tricks.
> >
> > It feels like a hack attack, or some kind of virus?
> >
> > Alternatively could be something to do with java and xulrunner, because
> > it happens only when I have a browser open?
> >
> > Any ideas?

Quintin Beukes