[ubuntu-za] Silly question

Ewald Horn ewaldhorn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:22:01 BST 2009

Hi.

I need to ask a silly question, and would gladly accept grunts and
points to a "read this entry in this manual you nitwit" as I'm a bit
lost here...

I figured out that I need to download .deb packages to use on my Linux
box (which has no internet connection at the moment, sigh).

But how to get VLC to work on my machine ? All of the options I find
assume that you have an internet connection, not really ideal in this
scenario. I found the PPA for VLC, and it will probably work great IF
I get the machine online, but how to get it done in the meantime ?

Most of my tutorials are in video format, and the closest thing I can
find to play .MPG files appear to be VLC.

Anyone know where to point me to get an offline VLC package ? I found
someone who listed an older version on Rapidshare, but alas, no luck
there at the moment.

Thank you
Ewald