[ubuntu-za] Zabuntu

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 30 07:37:32 GMT 2008

Hi Nic

Nic Roets wrote:
> Do you guys know about OpenStreetMap ? Pretoria & Cape Town well mapped,
> with Jhb coming along nicely.
>
> I've been working on my own viewer for OSM data :
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Gosmore

That's quite impressive. What's the status of the actual map data
licensing? I read a headline a few weeks ago that suggested that the OSM
license might change soon to a license that will effectively be
non-free, but I didn't read the actual license. Would it be possible to
distribute the actual data that we have for .za along with the Gosmore
packages?

-Jonathan