[ubuntu-za] Updating to Intrepid

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:55:58 GMT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Tim Johnson <tim at pteq.net> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Your XP "C:\ Drive" is in /.VirtualBox with a .vdi extension.  Size alone
> should be a good clue.

Yes - it sure is.

> I have successfully upgraded to II and just copying that across to my home
> folder restored my Virtual XP intact... no problem.

Sorry - can I just check? Did you update or did you re-install? If you
re-installed, did  you then re-install VirtualBox?

I know I am being a bit thick here but the terminology can get confusing!

> Just beware of sharing your whole home directory if you are connecting
> while in XP.  The normal Windows vulnerabilities apply to the Virtual
> machine viz. viruses, adware etc.

Tim - that is a good point that had not crossed my trusting mind! I shall
have to reorganise my file structures completely. Thanks for pointing it
out, obvious though it is.

Bill