[ubuntu-za] Nautilus for Kodak EasyShare Z740

Bill Cairns pops at cairnsgames.co.za
Mon Oct 20 08:38:20 BST 2008

Whenever I plug my camera in to a USB port, I am asked "Do I want to
import pictures?"

If I reply yes, F-Spot proceeds to read the pictures on my camera. If
no, nothing happens and the camera is not mounted anywhere. I can use
Picasa at this stage to get the pictures but Picasa is very slow and I
don't want to use it.

I do use F-Spot to manage my pictures, but would prefer to use Nautilus
to load the pictures from my camera (which is what I do under Windows -
well I use Explorer but you know what I mean).

Is there any way to bypass F-Spot and go to Nautilus here?

(Clearing the 'Import digital photographs when connected check box in
System>Removable Drives and Media does not work - the system just
ignores my camera when I turn it on).

Is this a Kodak problem?