[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Indaba 0.6

Jonathan Carter jonathan at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 21 15:20:16 BST 2007

Hi Bill

Bill Cairns wrote:
> I have been looking for a utility to "un-pdf" a pdf file. On Synaptic I
> found that I have libpopper1 installed. glad to see that. But then how
> do I run it?

Just how much do you need to un-PDF it? There's a tool called pdftotext
that will convert the content to clear-text. There's also pdf2ps that
will convert it to PostScript, for what it's worth.

Pdftotext is available from the xpdf-utils package, pdf2ps is available
from the ghostscript package. Both are installed by default on Ubuntu.

HTH

-Jonathan