[ubuntu-za] New comer

Jason Norwood-Young jason at freespeechpub.co.za
Fri May 18 13:09:44 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 13:38 +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> Augustin Nduwimana wrote:
> > Good Moring, there I am new to this list and I do not
> > know if my questions will be of any relevance.
> > I live in Bujumbura - Burundi andwhile loking for the
> > nearest Ubuntu Loco on the web. This is the one I
> > found closest to me in Eastern and Central Africa.
>
> Hi Augustin, welcome!
>
> You might also be interested in the Kenyan LoCo Team:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KenyanTeam

There's also the Kenya Linux User Group which is pretty active.

Closer to Burundi there's the East African Center for Open Source
Software (http://www.eacoss.org/) which does have links to Burundi
itself through founder Victor van Reijswoud. Check out his blog at
http://open-africa.blogspot.com/

For others in Africa, there's the following:
Nigerian Lug (http://www.nglug.org/)
Zambian Lug (http://www.dgroups.org/groups/zlug/)
Zimbabwean Lug (http://zwlug.sourceforge.net/)
Zim Open Software Society (http://www.zoss.org.zw/)
Namibia Informal Linux Group (http://www.linux.org.na/)
Egyptian Lug (http://www.eglug.org/)
Egyptian Ubuntu Loco team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam)
Moroccan Loco Team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MoroccanTeam)
Niger Loco Team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NigerTeam)
Reunion Loco Team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReunionTeam)
Tunisian Loco Team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam)

Unfortunately a whole bunch of the African Lugs seem to have died or
moved, like the Rwandan lugs and the Botswana Lug.

Anyone know of other African Locos or Lugs?